Here, we have another board from Flymaker and Mellow, this time designed as a drop in replacement for the stock Ender 3 board. It has been designed with input from GloomyAndy and myself.
So why would this be a good candidate for replacing your Ender 3 board? Well there are a number of Pro’s
- Its based on the very powerful STM32F407VGT6. To put this into perspective, it is the same processor that is used in the SKR Pro and GTR boards. It is faster and more powerful that the processor found in the Duet 2 WiFi boards.
- It is the same size as the current Ender 3 board, with the same layout to make swapping over a breeze.
- It is equipped with an ESP07s on-board which also has an external antenna, meaning minimal to adjustment is required to install this in the stock metal housing.
- It has 2 controlable fan ports allowing both the hotend and part cooling fans to be controlled. No more whirring fans when you are not printing.
- It has an on-board MAX31865 and MAX6675. What does this mean in real terms? It has native support for both a PT100 and ‘K’ type thermocouple. Even the Duet boards can’t do that without purchasing a separate add-on board.
- It has a port to use the stock screen. At the moment, the software doesn’t support this but it is being worked on. There is also a separate serial connection to plug in a TFT, Paneldue or one of Flymakers own screens.
- And of course, there us a dedicated BLTouch connector.
This board is hands down the most capable board on the market for the Ender 3. Did I also mention that it is Fully supported by the STM32 port of RepRapFirmware?
It can be purchased now from the Mellow Store on aliexpress. There are also full instructions for getting this board up and running with RepRapFirmware available here. As always, if you have any issues please join us on Discord and we will be happy to support you further.